A swimming pool is a place that provides and avenue for friends and family to have fun and bond. It is not only a place for fun and relaxation; it also has benefits for our mental, physical, and psychological health.
Despite all its many benefits, it can sadly be a breeding ground for germs and diseases if not properly taken care of. That is why the cleanliness and maintenance of a pool should be top priority for any homeowner or recreational center.
There are many supplies that are required for cleaning and maintaining a swimming space. You can get them from any pool supply store whether online or physically. However, you need to know what to buy so that you will not get unnecessary things and leave the important ones.
In this article therefore, we will discuss these supplies in different categories.
Like we mentioned earlier, the cleanliness of a pool is or should be top priority for the owner. So, you need the following supplies to keep the space clean and the water pristine:
- Skimmer – Used to remove debris and dirt from the water
- Brush– Useful for scrubbing the walls and floor of the space to stop the build-up of scale and algae.
- Vacuum– These are specially designed vacuums for cleaning of debris and dirt from the floor of the pool.
- Telescopic Pole– This can be attached to any of the cleaning supplies for better performance.
- Leaf Rake– This is used to remove bigger dirt such as twigs or leaves.
- Tile Brush– Used to clean grout lines and scrub the tiles in the swimming space.
Water Testing Supplies
It is necessary to maintain the chemistry of the pool water to make the space safe and the swimming experience more enjoyable. You will need the following items for the maintenance of the right water purity and quality:
- Test Kit– This will contain digital testers for pH, chlorine and other specification for the water purity or quality, liquid reagents, and test strips.
- pH Increaser and Reducer– These are chemical used to adjust the pH level of the pool water.
- Sanitizing Tablets– This can either be Bromine or Chlorine which are used to kill any bacteria that may be in the water, making it safe for users.
- Algaecide– This is used to prevent the growth of algae in the water.
- Calcium Hardness Increaser- This helps to maintain the appropriate calcium level in the water.
- Cyanuric Acid Stabilizer– This maintains the effectiveness of chlorine.
Click here to find out the importance of maintaining the purity of the water in your pool.
You need reliable filtration system for your pool to be free of contaminants and the following tools are needed to get the job done:
- Filter– There are 3 main types, and they are Cartridge, Sand and Diatomaceous Earth (DE). These are useful for removing impurities and particles from the water.
- Filter Cleaner– As the filter removes particle and impurities, it also becomes dirty with build-up. A cleaner help to remove the dirt and build-up so that the filter can remain effective.
- Filter Pressure Gauge– This used to monitor the pressure of the filter to know when it needs cleaning or backwashing.
Proper circulation of pool water keeps it from stagnation and thus ensuring that it remains fresh. So you need the following tools to ensure that you have proper circulation of water in the space:
- Pump– This is used to pass water through the filtration system to ensure that the chemicals are well distributed.
- Timer – This is used to control the timing of the circulation so that you can set it to when you want.
- Skimmer Baskets and Pump Baskets– These are useful for stopping debris from entering the filter which protects the pump and increases its durability.
These are tools/accessories that are useful for enhancing the swimming experience of the users and also ensure that the pool is in top shape:
- Pool Cover – It help to keep away debris from the pool and maintain the temperature of the water. It also helps to reduce evaporation.
- Winter Cover – Provides protection for your pool and aids in winterization.
- Solar – This is used to trap sunrays or heat to keep the pool warm and thus help you save on heating costs.
- Safety Equipment – These include items such as life rings, pool alarms and shepherd’s hook. Visit https://www.redcross.org/ for more tips on pool safety.
- Automatic Pool Cleaners – These are automatic or robotic cleaners that efficiently clean out the floor of the swimming pool thereby reducing the need for manual cleaning.
Having a space for swimming in your home can be a delightful experience but things can go wrong if you do not take the cleaning and maintenance of the space serious. This means that you need to have all the necessary supplies. In this article, we have shared some supplies in different categories. Ensure that you bear the information shared here in mind so that you can have a safe and pleasurable swimming experience at all times.